This concise quick reference guide has been thoroughly updated in its second edition. It remains clinically focused, based on experience underpinned by published research data.
The book covers anesthetic equipment, monitoring, premedication, intravenous induction agents, injectable anesthetic combinations, inhalant anesthesia, anesthesia for specific diseases, fluid therapy, anesthetic emergencies and complications, acute and chronic pain management. Drug dosages and anesthetic protocols are provided in tabular form. New to this edition are 18 new chapters covering anesthesia considerations for specific conditions and diseases, including
- perioperative blood works and urine analysis
- blood transfusion medicine
- anesthetic considerations and interpretations
- rehabilitation and pain management for chronic pain patients
- pain management of oncologic pain and radiation therapy
- acupuncture and herbal medication for acute and chronic pain and
- low level light therapy in pain management.