Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics represents the pinnacle of authority and accuracy in describing the actions and uses of therapeutic agents in relation to physiology and pathophysiology. Goodman & Gilman’s careful balance of basic science and clinical application has guided thousands of practitioners and students to a clear understanding of the drugs essential to preventing, diagnosing, and treating disease.
Enriched by a full-color presentation and updated to reflect all critical new developments in drug action and drug-disease interaction, the thirteenth edition includes more than 440 color illustrations depicting key principles and actions of specific pathways and therapeutic agents.
- NEW chapters on hypertension therapy, myocardial ischemia therapy, treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, immunostimulants and vaccines, and treatment of viral hepatitis, as well as appendices on prescription order writing, patient compliance, and pharmacokinetics
- 440+ full-color illustrations
- More than a textbook, a working template for the effective and rational prescribing of drugs in daily practice
Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13e is divided into nine sections, covering:
- General Principles
- Modulation of Pulmonary, Renal, and Cardiovascular Function
- Inflammation, Immunomodulation, and Hematopoiesis
- Endocrine Pharmacology
- Gastrointestinal Pharmacology
- Chemotherapy of Infectious Disease
- Chemotherapy of Neoplastic Diseases
- Special Systems Pharmacology